is mads mikkelsen a myth or does he really exist
Abigail. Show me what happened.
My absolute favorite bit of characterization on Hannibal is how (especially during the first season) Hannibal and Will are both shown wearing plaid, silently showing the audience how similar both men are at the core, as if they are quite literally “cut from the same cloth.”
yeah man i feel all this and also hannibal is a big time narcissist
i don’t think he gets aroused by his murder though— i think he gets aroused by thinking about the act of killing because he’s exerting power and control in a way nobody else can (or so he thinks)
in a way (and idk if im right im just kind of typing as i think) i think he almost wants to be “dominated” by himself, almost like the ripper is a completely different personality and he wants to submit to it in a way??? maybe???
or i could be wrong about everything idk i just think it fits with his personality
in the second pic the guy behind: oh my Mads!! dat back! dat butt!!
i’m sure he’s fine bby
- The original translation of the interview looks REALLY rough, some of the speech patterns are weak or choppy and a lot can get lost in translation.
- Harpsichordian re-translated it and as you can see it’s full of intentionally colorful wording and unnecessary poetic dictation??
- It is not only SUPER paraphrased (meaning not much if any of it is directly quoted) but it uses a very dramatic prose, something that was probably aiming for the aura of the Flaunt interview but failed and comes off as over-dramatic and pretentious. Not a direct expression of answered questions, a creepy layout of assumed perspective. It also seems to be thematic in relation to his roles, how he views his face as a prop in his acting method and how his face forms through these decisions. His face right now, if it were a catalyst to The Salvation would be torn apart, acid, ect ect. The rest of the article uses his “face” in the metaphorical sense to describe his past work (wonky one-eye, le coffee, ect ect) Basically it’s a shitty literary device.
- Mads has made negative comments on his face before but it was done with a light air and usually a laugh.
- There are many times he has gloated about winning the ‘sexiest man in Denmark’ awards.
- He has a beautiful wife who tells him he’s pretty like all day he is ok.
- This is the same thing that happened with the whole “Mads is misogynist” thing a while back - just a bad article taken out of context.
- ONCE AGAIN IT’S THE FRENCH.
What do you think Hannibal’s sexual orientation is?
i used to solidly headcanon hannibal as gay (when i first saw silence of the lambs) but now i’m leaning more towards pansexual
but i also have a headcanon that hannibal is aroused by himself, by his looks and by his intelligence and by the power he possesses. i honestly think that if hannibal could get with a clone of himself, he absolutely would and he’d have a great time too